Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sardines

Scissors cut paper wraps stone.
Sitting and wondering why
Persistence pays me little
And never enough.
Sitting alone and wondering why
Everything hovers in circles and strains the senses with overload.

Scissors cut paper wraps stone.
You played with me and I always chose wrong.
Once again you got to be "it" and I had to look
For your call.

All'e All'e Oxen Free.
One - Two - Three on me.
Slow running children agree.
Trading potatoes and never the three but he...

Waits in the lilac bush waiting to pounce.

Everything hovers in circles and then comes down on your head

Scissors cut paper wraps stone
Mortal wounds need not apply
Persistence pays me little

And never on time...


Stuart Andrew Marshall Tanner

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

moving imagery, solomnity....beautiful, Stu.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com