Friday, October 20, 2006

Grateful Bread

The joys of letting a lump of dough rise with fresh yeast
in it is amazing... If it weren't for the fact that bread is
really bad for me I'd make a loaf a day! It's easy, it's
fun (still playing with mud pies... and at my age!) and
when you're done, you get out the honey and butter and
GO TO TOWN!

Right now the dough is on it's second rise. When it finishes
rising then I'll knock it down and put it into the loaf pans.

After it rises in the pans one more time, it's into the oven
for 40 minutes and then cooling on the rack and then
I get to indulge.

Not a great thing to do every day, but it's really tasty.

I'm gonna have two extra loaves left over... one's for
the crazy lady who lives upstairs (weirdos need love too)
and the other goes to my brother (just to protect myself
from myself). It would be really great if I could get
really good at baking and make it into a skill. I love the
smell...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

i have never been good at baking. I would like to take some lessons in that someday.

pass the butter and honey.

9:15 AM  
Blogger An Urban Femme said...

Mmmm...

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com