Sunday, October 02, 2005

Observations on Self-Improvement




Aw Yes... The Transmogrifier That magical talisman, mojo bag or special item of possession (my favorite is that red swingline stapler) which makes your life better, makes you better, makes everything all right forever more. The one easy way to change ourselves into a more acceptable us. A way to transform us into a version of Homo Sapiens Superior

Oh if only... I'm sure that many of us have looked for this item... That necklace with the strongly stated meaning, like a wooden cross three inches long. My personal fantasy was a huge nugget of turquoise with mystical enchantment placed upon it which would give me the charm to sweet-talk everyone and get what I wanted with just a smile.

I never did find it.

I have, however, discovered how to live in the "now" as completely as I can each day and let the rest of the chips fall where they may. I figure that the person I always wanted to become is the person I am, or better stated: I am the person I always been looking to find for a great friend. With that in hand we find we can relax and... just breathe.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

"I figure that the person I always wanted to become is the person I am, or better stated: I am the person I always been looking to find for a great friend. With that in hand we find we can relax and... just breathe."

If i could find that space to be comfortable in my own skin, on a regular basis, that would be wonderful. I do have to work on that in a moment by moment basis.

sigh. i am glad you are blogging. its a breath of fresh air for me.

HUGS ;-)

10:44 AM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

Thanks Mel,

It's a breath-by-breath experience... just call on the "source" (whatever source you like) for strength... We cannot do it with our own strength... that's the irony.

The important part I've just learned is to stop blaming myself for what's already gone by.

5:23 PM  
Blogger edieraye said...

Mine used to be "If I was only 'regular' everything else would fall into place." Then it became "If I could become financially responsible." That was followed with "If I could keep my home clean." You are so right - there is no "if only". There is only right now.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com