Saturday, April 22, 2006

Already In Progress

...the freeway never stops. Rushing waits no more
for my timid introduction and induction. Vapid and
willing, the sad-faced four-banger grinds another
revolutionary song mashed from my intent as
downward pressed, my foot explores its well-versed
friendship with the floorboards.

Then cruelly, I notice my life and the exits made by
fellow traveling friends, bye-bye they wave as
one by one they leave. I ponder their paths as
soon approaches my looming exit, and wonder
whether we will meet again.

So now my route is marked and soon I must
leave. Quietly I whisper his name and hope
for transit equipage.

~Stuart Andrew Marshall Tanner~

1 Comments:

Blogger bhd said...

I love, love LOVE that very first line.

And the rest. Thanks!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com