Monday, May 15, 2006

Sister Moon No Friend Of Mine

They call you Sister Moon but no family are you to me.
Cold and distant floating on an infinite sea you light the
night with silver light
but it never warms my heart.

Long ago I lay in the grass and wondered at fateful
evenings to come now I am happy just to be numb
and as I drive this country road
where no one else comes by.

Off go the headlamps, I drive by the silver light you let
down to wash the fields and quiet the eerie argentine
road is welded to my brain. Here on this dark yet
brilliant journey I wonder and wander along.

How many pilgrims, lost in their questions, float on
the tresses of silver let down Dark-hearted princess,
dressed in your nightgown, what will you say to those
others you've lit?
I know not the clear winter morning to come.

Can you be sister of our cool questings, journeys which
lead us to the ends of the world? Will we find the giant
who hurled you upon the fell canvas? Or will we see that
in your cold silver shining you are but a hunk of frozen
brilliance.

A rock rotating outside on the cosmos forever reflecting a
brilliance but stolen from mother's golden glow.

Stuart Andrew Marshall Tanner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com