Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Learning To Breathe (Again)



In Comes The Good Air . . . Out Goes The Bad!


Well, the morning scale weigh-in shows that I've not lost any more weight this week... I'm still topping the scale at 590 lbs. (I know, I know, I used to be at 550! I've been kicking myself about that backslide enough, let's just move on shall we?) I'm down 18 from the 608 I was at when I finally got a scale which could weigh me. I cannot recommend it enough for accuracy and efficiency. Costs a packet though.

My brother brought it by the other day as a present (early birthday) and I'm really grateful. I believe having a better feedback system will help avoid anymore of these backsliding situations. I'm really sick of being a lump.

I need to exercise more. I need people to come and take me for walks. I'm such a lazy sod. I am, however, enjoying writing more and doing more of it. Maybe someday I can make a living at it. I dunno.

All that aside, I'm enjoying the act of breathing as a way to getting high. I'm not taking in any appreciable amount of mind-altering substances these days and breathing seems to be my best way to get high.

Oxygen seems to be a wonderful drug... and there's very little hangover.

5 Comments:

Blogger edieraye said...

Breathing is so important. It calms and excites and heals and can dictate the rest of the body's physical reactions. I really enjoy the breathing exercises that start and finish each Bikram yoga session. So focusing and clearing.

8:28 AM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

Yeah... thanks...

I'm surprised it took me this long to twig to a great way to get high... (wink)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathing is fun. Good luck on finding peeps to go walking with!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

hey if and when i live closer i could take you on walks.

and deep breathing is supposed to help you metabolize better. Keep up the drug oh choice. and water water water.

glad that you are writing. have i said that yet?

;-)

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's the best time in the morning to start your walks? A.M. early morning before the funk while the day is bright exercise is key. Too many things get in the way after our days begin. Except for a trip through the loo once your feet hit the door (and your clothes are on) it should be out the door: everyday.
Tell all your friends the desired time and ask for company! It’ll happen, just pass the word.
Then I agree: breathe; breathe; breathe. How many steps are you taking for each breath? Can it be changed? How about if you breathe deeper? Play games with your breathing to make the exercise fun, and to gage what’s happening in the short term with your body. If nothing else it’s something to put some fun in to what might seem tedious.
Have good persistence, and keep it coming. I’ve enjoyed what you’ve written so far.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com