Friday, November 18, 2005

It's All A Pain In The... Head

I have been lying here in bed thinking about headaches. This,
of course, while I'm in the throes of a nasty mind-splitting
headache of the first water. This is the kind of nasty, gripping
and demoralizing head-buster that makes me wish that opium
was still available over the counter. Miserable.

What causes these things? I know it's not the brain, I know
that the brain cannot feel pain and that the pain actually comes
from the outside the skull and has to do with the blood vessels
in the scalp but I really feel like there's someone driving a nail
through my brain.



Nothing is funny about this. I have found one treatment which
works fairly well... I turn on the shower and set down and let
the hot water flow over my head while I slump down and try
to forget that I exist. At least for a while. This helps.... but
not much.

Really I would like some opium... does anybody got any for
sale?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

if i did, i wouldn't have to worry about this new apartment in SB i am going to have to pay for.

sigh.

there are many days when i wish i didn't exist. Many. Life can be difficult. and demoralizing. but since i have a small child, who smiles at me often, i think to myself, hey...

i was that child once. and can be again. i just have to believe in the process. And that i do make a difference.

sorry about the headaches. wish i had a simple solution. not so.

good vibes to you anyway.

:hug:

;-)

9:49 PM  
Blogger An Urban Femme said...

I go to this doctor when I need some opium. His name is Doctor Seagull. He's in the Yellow Pages.

Hope you are feeling better, babes! *hugs*

7:03 AM  
Blogger edieraye said...

EBAY BABY! Actually, I did read an interesting article - sad really - about a guy that bought it off ebay and got addicted and lost everything. Not something I recommend.

10:02 AM  
Blogger winter said...

Non-existence might seem tempting, but don't buy it. It doesn't remove problems, just pawns them off on someone else.

And if you don't exist, you don't get to be happy - which is really the point of it all ...

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com