Friday, May 26, 2006

Modern Love

You're coming over again.

Third time lucky I say, third time and it better be right.
Time watch waiting and nervous as I mark how clean
the place is, I really should have you over more often.

I know the stew is ready, it is easy food because I want
to look into your eyes instead of being busy host.
The ghostlight lava lamp burbles in the corner and I light
some incense while Vanessa Daou haunts the speakers.

Your outfit says it all. Silk scarves and faded jeans
say you want to relax and yet you want to impress. Soft
slick lips hint at that jar of gloss you've been saving.
I am impressed.

Dinner over we talk.

Talk.

Talk.

Talk.

And then when the first glimmer of fatigue reminds us
of slumber I kiss you...

And we know.

We know I can make great coffee... in the morning.

~Stuart Andrew Marshall Tanner~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com