Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Scam What Am

I'm not a fan of religion... I dropped out of ministerial training because I fell seriously out of love with religions and dogma so when I say that this hasn't affected my deep faith in my own personal "higher power" I want you to know that I have this deep faith not because of any intellectual thinking process but because I've had "experiences" which can possibly be called "mystical" and these experiences have cemented my belief that humans are created beings and that life does not end when the body gives up the ghost.

But to answer other's questions and/or raging comments beforehand I really don't believe that it's my job to "prove" anything to you.

If you choose to be an atheist and believe that this is your best option in this world, so be it. It isn't going to change things much.

The only thing I ask is that you apply the "golden rule" to your lives as much as possible.

"Do unto others as you want to have done to you." Sounds like
good symmetrical thinkning to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed Mr.Am what you say is where I is and have been. In our paradise where we ponder and indwell
we listen and often hear but are slow to fully grasp. We seem to be sidetracked by reason, as it may be, logical or illogical."The truth that passeth all understanding" as it were transmits and translates on an entirely different plane, and as such our grasp of it's combination of delicacy and simplistic requirements as relates to acceptance are put offs to those who simply wish to justify on some level their pre-conceived notions about the nature of infinity.
Which is actually delusional; to believe entirely what the heart assures, or only what the mind can grasp? Fearlessly and with battered
sensibilities I am a believer in human beings, and their beautiful failures. Humbly I am a believer
in the creative nature of life giving words in the guise of a bloodied brow. Faithfully I'm a believer in the contrasts of glory revealed with sacrifice rejected.
With this I cling to all that my eyes can see, my ears hear, and my heart withstand...All this is God,
and to call such as this God is the mere whisper of a child.

9:10 AM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

Great thoughts.

You are right to reject the dogma of sacrifice. If any sacrifice is necessary, it has already been performed for us and all we have to do is stand upon our own understanding.

Then more will be revealed.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com