Tuesday, November 29, 2005

On The Edge Of Pleasure

I have discovered that our bodies have been set by our egos to only
allow a certain amount of pleasure to be experienced. It is as if we
have determined in our ego's sub-basement where all these decisions
are made that if you feel too good, you are doing something wrong.

Wilhelm Reich said that it is from "armoring" which only allows us
to experience a certain amount of pleasure before it shuts the body
down. This armoring acts like a reactionary right-wing religious nut
and shuts down the energy system within our bodies the second we
begin to experience pleasure beyond a certain "set point". It won't
allow us to be free to feel free and happy.

Bad armoring! (envision me spanking my armoring on the behind)

I am currently working on allowing pleasure into my body in amounts
which I have not been accustomed to experience. Through deep
breath work and some other techniques I am pushing myself to enjoy
the simple act of being alive. As this happens I find that everything
about my life has been coming to the fore of my mind and I am
re-living experiences from my childhood which I had buried and am
now having to acknowledge and with which I have to find peace.



I find that by opening myself up to pleasure, I am opening myself
up to everything. Also I am sleeping a lot. I suspect that this is
a reaction by my body to the radical changes in energy levels.

Meanwhile I am really enjoying the act of being more and more.

It sure beats the alternative.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, is the one word I can say and I think I will try this myself. Pleasure is always something we can experience more of

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com