Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pass Me Some More Sand, Mr. Sandman!

Photobucket

Sometimes I feel like there isn't enough sleep left in the universe.

The other day I was feeling tired. I went to bed early (7 PM) and slept deeply until about 12:30 AM when I awoke, drank some water, made water, and went back to sleep when I awoke again at 7 AM and repeated the process (with some heart medication added to the mix) and then slept until 10 AM when I awoke and told myself that "this is enough, time to get up" and then closed my eyes for what was going to be "just a few seconds" and found myself awakening at 3 PM!! I had slept about 20 hours and really needed to get up!

So what is causing this great desire for nap time? Is it my health? Is it Wintertime? Is it the fact that the Mayan Calendar has put us into the 9th "Underworld" and we are slouching towards 2012 with a most unseemly speed?

I don't know. I only know that sleep has become a very welcome commodity in my life and I cannot seem to get enough. I'm not depressed. I feel fairly positive about life. I'm meditating regularly, the house is clean, I'm clean, the car is clean... there's food in the pantry. But I'm a sleeping machine of the first water.

Whatever is causing this, I'm not sure I want it to end. My only problem is I cannot seem to get enough time in the day to do the other things I really want to do (like go to the spa and exercise, go to the theatre and see the plays and movies I want to see, or spend time talking with my friends and visiting with my loved ones) when I'm not snoring and snorting on a horizontal surface.

At least, unlike Snow White, I don't have to wait for some ponced-up prince to kiss me so I can get up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com