Tuesday, February 14, 2006

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

In the strange history of the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church the legend of Valentine's Day ranks up there as one of the more colorful myths. I really don't care if he was real or not, I really don't care if the date was "fixed" by the church to make sure that pagan celebrations were folded into the new religion, what I care about is that we really need a day dedicated to love.

This is it. Enjoy.

And I leave you with this most heart-felt Valentine. (I only wish I had written it originally)


Burgundy Heart-Shaped Medallion


If I had a spell of magic,
I would make this enchantment for you.
A burgundy heart-shaped medallion
with a window that you could look through.

So that when all the mirrors are angry
with your faults and all you must do,
you could peek through that heart-shaped medallion,
and see you from my point of view.


Be Mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger An Urban Femme said...

Beautiful. :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

Yer beautiful.

The poem is nice.

Stu

9:12 AM  
Blogger Anica said...

Both of you are beautiful and the poem too.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com