Friday, February 17, 2006

Stranded Starfish Have No Place To Hide

Translation

Pearls don't know of their preciousness.
Cast detritus, worried grit in rounded
suppuration they winkle darkly in dank fleshy
lips which calmly wait the diver's clutch.

In tidal pool of missing intercessions I
gathered my nets of broken conversation.

Perilously close to grave intent
I mirrored a world made violent by nightmare
movie previews and fraternal knifings.

But I digress.

The pearl of the oyster calmly awaits its
declaration. The ugly duckling wishing for
oblivion could not
crash more unexpectedly, blinking, into light.

Squonk!

Regard me no more, I am the oyster

and the pearl awaits your delving.

Stuart Andrew Marshall Tanner



No... it's not about suicide. It's about finding the inner core of oneself and honoring its value.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

a long journey that. a daily journey. a grind. a mission. a peace.

nice.

11:42 AM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

The peace. The peace beyond understanding.

(not to get too maudlin about it)

Thanks Mel

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com