Sunday, January 15, 2006

I Just Looked Around, And He Was Gone

"...and when you stand up for what you do believe, be prepared to be shot down!!"
~What About Me? ~ by Quicksilver Messenger Service~




Martin Luther King Jr.
January 15, 1929-April 4, 1968


"Has anybody here seen my old friend Martin,
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people
But you know the good they die young.
I just turned around, and he was gone."


I try not to have heroes. I look to myself for freedom and strength. I feel we all should. But if were to have a hero. It would be this man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

As good a man as ever there was or shall be to have as a hero.

We were lucky to have him. I wish that he could have stayed longer. We'd have been the better for it.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

I wish people could always see the good in our mentors and embrace it. As opposed to seeing them as a threat and eliminating them.

this man did great things. Great Things. he is missed every day.

;-)

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com