Saturday, January 21, 2006

Goin' To The Chapel...

My friends Tim & Kathy are having their children christened today in the Anglican chapel which they attend. They are dear friends and I wouldn't miss this occasion for the world. The twins are almost 1 year old and I'm so happy to see them glow with the joys of parenting.

But now I've got to get dressed and go out in public. Formal occasion even. I'm so actually shy in person that I'm actually sweating about it.

The clothes are on the bed, ready to be donned. The body has been showered and powdered and the coiffure is "perfect". Now I have to get dressed and go to the party...

Difficult.

"Please God, let me be myself, not worry about being "liked" and just relax into the moment."



I think that this would be a good mantra for the day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

amen to that one. they will appreciate you being there.

:hug:

;-)

11:48 AM  
Blogger bhd said...

Chin up, knockers out, own the world. It's worked for me. Substitute what you will for the knockers part.

11:48 AM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

Hmmm... knockers... what can I substitute for knockers....

(that is, besides my mantits ~ Ewwwww~)

2:45 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I hope it was wonderful, Stu.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com