Monday, October 17, 2005

Skill Set

Skill Set

Pitched quickly from my shovel the brown soil scatters
upon the pile in hopes of re-interment as deeply I set
the manly hole in line across the hillside. Here is the
pipeline set... one by two by ohgodhowmany?

Back, grown crick and groan... I stretch and find my
mind drawn further up the scale of days away in
multi-tasking splendor. Thank god I am not here.

Down goes the tool, up comes the soil and once
again I reach for more to crush and pull.

A skill-set this, when thinking fails me and the
many trained skills fail me, I am here... digging
this ditch and pitching a lifetime earned upon
this continuous byre.

Stuart Andrew Marshall Tanner

Chocolate Horror Count = 0

1 Comments:

Blogger edieraye said...

I had to look up the word byre - so I get to cross learn something new today off my list and it isn't even 10 yet!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
amazon.com